Fast Relief of:
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
- Headache + Body Ache
- Sore Throat
- Acetaminophen (pain reliever / fever reducer)
- Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (cough suppressant)
- Doxylamine Succinate (antihistamine)
- Phenylephrine hydrochloride (nasal decongestant)
Active ingredients (in each capsule). Purpose
Acetaminophen 325 mg. Pain reliever/fever reducer
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg. Cough suppressant
Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg. Antihistamine
Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg. Nasal decongestant
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
- minor aches and pains
- nasal and sinus congestion
- sore throat
- runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
Sore throat warning:
- more than 10 capsules in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma,
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than the recommended dose
adults and children 12 years and over:
- take 2 capsules with water every 4 hours.
- do not exceed 10 capsules in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
children under 12 years:
- store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
D&C yellow #10, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, polyethylene glycol 400, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac, simethicone, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments? 1-800-986-0369 (Mon - Fri 9AM - 5PM EST) or www.alkaseltzerplus.com