Symptoms / Treatments
For Indigestion Treatment:
- Don't eat quickly, take your time, eat slowly and enjoy
- Drink fluids after rather than during meals
- Try to relax after eating
- Do not exercise after eating. Rather, exercise before a meal or at least one hour after eating
- Wait at least three hours after your last meal of the day before going to bed
- Avoid midnight snacking
- Minimize Stress
- And if you do get indigestion, try Alka-Seltzer Original for fast relief of acid indigestion with headache or body aches.
Alka-Seltzer is also available in Lemon-Lime flavor.
For Heartburn Treatment:
- To remedy heartburn, avoid overeating. Don't eat large meals, instead try smaller, more frequent meals.
- Avoid dishes that are:
- Acidic, like tomatoes, citrus fruits, garlic and onions
- High in fat and oils (animal and vegetable)
- Contain caffeine, like chocolate and coffee
- Very spicy - like curry and cayenne pepper
- To remedy heartburn:
- Don't lie down right after eating. If you have to, keep your head elevated
(at least 6 inches) above your feet and lie on your left side
- Avoid tight-fitting garments
- Cut down on alcohol consumption
- And if you do get heartburn, use Alka-Seltzer Heartburn Relief,
specially formulated as a heartburn treatment to extinguish the fire of heartburn fast.